The Hostel according to the data protection legislation acts as “Data Controller”. This means that the Hostel is responsible to decide on the ways with which and the purposes for which it collects and uses your personal data.
Our contact data is: Zeus is loose Hostel S.M.P.C. 13 Kleisouras – 54631, Thessaloniki/Greece
Definition of personal data – Categories of personal data we collect
“Personal data” means any information that is collected or recorded in a way that may allow direct or indirect identification of a natural person.
We request legally the following personal data about you:
- Contact details (e.g. surname, name, father’s name, passport/ID-card details, telephone, home address, email)
- Personal data (e.g. date of birth, nationality, place of birth)
- Billing details (e.g. credit card number, VAT number)
- Other details (e.g. date of arrival and departure, room number, questions and comments submitted during or after your stay)
Sensitive data: The data protection legislation defines special categories of data that must be processed according to the strict procedures such as health data, race, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs. The processing of such data is made only when they are provided by you in the context of your request (e.g. food allergies) or when it is required by the current regulations.
Children: The data we collect on persons under 16 are restricted to given name, surname, nationality and date of birth. This data can exclusively be provided by a parent or guardian.
Purposes of processing personal data
We collect your personal data to manage your relation with “ZEUS IS LOOSE IKE” and to provide you with improved services. We collect personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage reservations and other hospitality services
- To manage our relations with you before, during and after your stay
- To improve system security
- To comply with greek and european law.
Provided that you give us your consent, we may collect your personal data in order to conduct focused marketing campaigns and direct marketing.
Legitimate interest for processing personal data
We collect your personal data in cases, such as:
- Hotel activities
- Actions through electronic devices
- Participation in marketing programs or events
- Transmission of information from third parties.
Third party access terms to personal data
“ZEUS IS LOOSE IKE” does not disclose your personal data to third parties for their own business or marketing purposes without your prior consent.
However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Services providers and/or any third parties that may process information on our behalf (e.g. we may share your personal information with third parties that provide services on our account or behalf such as bank)
- Other third parties (e.g. public authorities), if so required by law or in order to protect our Services (e.g. to comply with the law or mandatory legal procedure)
Security measures – Personal data retention
We will process all your information with great care and respect and we will try to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data safe as soon as it comes to our systems and the data storage base. We apply the best practices for collecting, storing and processing data and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction of your personal data and data stored on our website or database.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information will be retained no longer than needed for the purpose/purposes which they have been collected and no longer than required by the applicable legislation.
Exercise of rights according to the data protection legislation
Under specific requirements provided by the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights relating to your personal data:
- Providing transparent information
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- Right to restriction of access
- Right to data portability
- Right to objection
Moreover, in cases where we process your personal data based on consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. The Hostel, however, retains the right to assess personal data that is necessary in order to fulfill its tax and legal duties in general. There will be no consequences for the withdrawal of your consent except than the Hostel’s disability to perform the aforementioned processing.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Hostel or through an email at priva[email protected]. “ZEUS IS LOOSE” will apply any possible measure for the completion of your request within thirty (30) days from its receipt and will inform you either for its completion or for the reasons preventing its completion. We may refuse to handle requests that are repeated to an unreasonable degree, require disproportional technical effort, jeopardize the privacy protection of others, are extremely impractical or involve access that is not otherwise requested by domestic law.