Zeus is finally loose.
He always was…but now, in a new house. Get loose!
Legend has it, that in Ancient Greece it would be very common for gods to transform into beggars and hobos and ask for hospitality. If you said yes, you had the god’s favor. If not, severe punishment followed. One day, a hobo knocked on our door asking for some tsipouro. We sat down together, drank and ate with the fellow, laughed and let loose until sunrise. And as the sun was rising, he slowly transformed into the King of Gods, Zeus himself. ‘I think I like it here, I am going to stay’. And so he does.
Sporting a 2-meters tall neon lighting on its building, Zeus is Loose Hostel will have you feeling divine! Grab the chance to fully emerge in Greek culture, from the ancient to the modern. You have the opportunity to experience Thessaloniki like you never have before, like a true local! Anything you want to see, do, hear, feel, or eat we bring right at your feet at Zeus is Loose hostel. Go full native, and become your own legend in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Comfy rooms and loose atmosphere.
- Located in the heart of Thessaloniki.
- Easy access to Halkidiki and its gorgeous beaches.
- Conference facilities and playful common room.
- The only roof top bar in town with amazing view of the city.
Are you sure you have #beentheredonethat?
Zeus Is Loose hostel is located in the very heart of the city center of Thessaloniki, on 13 Kleisouras street, right opposite of the square Dikastirion, one of the most vibrant squares in Thessaloniki. Thessaloniki is the type of city that is, in its entirety, a big museum. Its center is easily walked from side to side, giving you the opportunity to check out all of the monuments and museums without having to change areas. Thessaloniki is a mix of culture, from ancient grounds, to ottoman baths, to Christian churches and pagan temples. You have numerous sights to visit, some of each are only a couple of minutes away from the Zeus is Loose hostel.
There is a private parking lot just a block over called ‘KARAVAN SARAI’, which gives good daily rates. Public street parking costs 1,70EUR per hour. It is free from 21:00 to 08:00 the next morning. Public parking is free on Sundays.
HOW TO GET TO THE HOSTEL
- 01X Airport to Aristotelous sq.
- 01N Night service airport to Aristotelous sq.
- 45 Chalkidiki coach terminal to Aristotelous sq.
- 1N/ 31/ 2K Makedonia Coach terminal to Aristotelous sq.
- 01N/ 2K/ 23 Train terminal station to Aristotelous sq.
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS, SIGHTS AND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Aristotelous Square
- Church of St. Demetrios
- Bey Hamam
- Roman Forum of Thessaloniki
- Statue of Aristotle
- Church of Ayia Sofia
- Yeni Hamam
- Telli Kapi
- Arch of Galerius (Kamara)
- Archaeological Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Museum of Byzantine Culture